Each article submitted for publication in the GTEC Reader will be reviewed by a member of our Editorial Board. Please refer to the homepage of this website to ensure your article is consistent with our audience and our goals.
This is our only serious requirement. Other than this most of the points on this page are either just for your information, or suggestions to help your article be read and shared by more people.
- Featured Image – Every article needs a Feature Image, full colour, at least 750 pixels wide. It adds colour and visual interest to the page. If you want to control the Feature Image for your article please include it with your article. Please read on.
- Written Permission– You must have permission to use the photo you send us. You cannot copy it from another website and use it without written permission from the owner of that website. Some people do not understand you cannot go to Google Images and copy a photo you like.
Everybody on the internet is very strict these days about copyright infringement. You and the GTEC website will likely have to pay hundreds of dollars and be publicly shamed.
- Or We’ll Choose – If you don’t send a photo that you own, or if you don’t send us your written permission from an authorized person to use it, we will buy one from a stock photo website.
Article Submission Deadlines
The GTEC Reader is published every two months on these dates every year:
- September 1
- November 1
- January 1
- March 1
- May 1
- July 1
Article Submission Dates
Deadline for submission of articles to each Issue is the first of the previous month.
- August 1
- October 1
- December 1
- February 1
- April 1
- June 1
Each issue of the Reader will consist of:
- An interview
- A main article of 3,000 to 4,000 words
- Commentary (3-5) of 1,000 to 1,500 words each
- Selected poems and illustrations in the Paint, Line and Word section